Thursday, July 21, 2011

Director's Thoughts

           I think what I would say to any kid who dreams of doing big things for God is this: “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity.” (1 Timothy 4:12)  God created all of us for big things and we don’t need to be grown-up to glorify Him. We have learned so much through making The Journey about people, movies, administration, media, and so much about God. I would strongly encourage every person to do something “impossible” for God in their lifetime. Something so beyond themselves that it is impossible unless God comes and lifts them up and makes them soar.
So often I feel inadequate and wonder why in the world He picked me to direct this work, but then God always reminds me that it is through my inadequacy that Christ is made strong in me. It is so easy to know that God overcomes the impossible, but you can’t really believe it until you come face to face with both God and the impossible. Our culture needs men and women and boys and girls who are willing to follow Christ wherever He leads. People who will stand for truth and do the good works God prepared in advance for them to do. He died on the cross to save us from the penalty of our sin and He is calling us to join the battle for the souls of men, women, and children in our city, our country, and into the world. Will you go on the journey He has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment